Bartomeu resists Barcelona vote of no confidence
On Monday, Josep Maria Bartomeu and Josep Vives attended a press conference in order to address some of the main talking points surrounding FC Barcelona.
During the press conference, Bartomeu's resignation was discussed, and has since then dominated the headlines after the controversy of the El Clasico.
Whilst popular Spanish football newspaper Mundo Deportivo opted to focus on the Clasico and how Sergio Ramos pulled Clement Lenglet's shirt first before Real Madrid were awarded a penalty, yet other papers focused on Bartomeu.
SPORT, chose to focus on the president, saying that he has resisted a vote of no confidence.
It stated that he will not consider resigning and has never done so.
He said that "It never crossed my mind to resign" adding that "The project is very interesting with you players and experienced ones, like [Lionel] Messi."
According to Bartomeu, all of the choices made by the Barcelona board were unanimous, also discussing the situation surrounding Lionel Messi's future at the club, and whether he will be leaving.
Messi handed in a request to leave the club in the summer, which was ultimately denied, forcing the six-time Ballon d'Or winner to stay at Barcelona.
Bartomeu also stated that Barcelona will be successful this season, saying that with Messi "we [Barcelona] are going to win a title this season. I understand everyone's opinions, as empathising is important. In Leo's case is good to get angry because it is not good to accept defeats and we have all gotten angry."
Adding to his part on Messi, the Barcelona president said that "We [Barcelona] all want him to retire at Barcelona."
Barcelona's next La Liga game is away to Deportivo Alaves on Saturday, with a very important Champions League game against Juventus coming beforehand on Wednesday.